Contracts & Compliance Officer
|Job Title:||Contracts & Compliance Officer|
|Salary:||$40-60K + Healthcare (incl. Vision/Dental) + 401K + Company & office incentives|
|Contact Name:||James Westwood|
|Job Published:||January 21, 2022 14:00|
CONTRACT & COMPLIANCE OFFICER - LA
We are LHi, officially the No.1 Staffing firm in the UK. A group company consisting of four specialist, non-competing recruitment brands spanning the UK, Europe, and North America. Our group of brands are niche recruitment businesses within Technology, Life Sciences, Renewable Energy, and the Built Environment.
With the group recording 6 straight growth years in the US, 2021 saw us hit 90% invoice & 41% headcount growth, truly market-leading figures that have gone from 5 - 140+ in that time. We offer permanent/direct hire + retained + contract/temp hiring solutions to our clients & in short, the growth of our client reach, is where this role takes shape.
Be part of a motivated, sales environment in an impactful supporting role! We are currently looking for a Contract & Compliance Officer to join our global team. Headquartered out of London, this role will be based in our LA office, supporting the exponential growth of our USA recruitment business. We support people in our LA, Austin, and New York offices and this is an opportunity to work across all locations and across a number of USA jurisdictions helping to ensure that our compliance practices are in line with local, state, and federal laws.
You will be responsible for:
- Drawing up contracts primarily for our US businesses, sometimes under strict deadlines following successful negotiation. As part of a global compliance team, you may be asked to support UK and European Contracts as well.
- Working to support major Contracts & Compliance project rollouts and process improvements
- Assisting with day to day tasks such as monitoring inboxes, responding to data protection queries, and following internal processes created to be able to comply with regulations
- Onboarding in house contractors and being their point of contact for all questions and queries
- Completing regular internal compliance audits
- Responding to tender and information requests from clients, managing the process from start to finish, and liaising with the wider Ops team to keep within strict tender deadlines
- Reviewing common edits and negotiating points in standard contracts
Growth of role:
- Reviewing client terms of business and NDA’s, advising LHi consultants of the contents and risks inside the contracts, and negotiating with clients
- Implementing negotiated contracts on the system so that LHi can comply with what has been agreed
- Assisting the team on new business ventures and projects and eventually independently running those projects
- Tracking client accounts and activity on those accounts in order to assist the sales teams in improving ROI
- Specializing in a particular area of the business, really developing foundation skills to a higher level, and becoming an ‘expert’ in that field
This is an ideal environment for someone who wants to be part of an ambitious and growing business, has a passion for best practice, and a genuine interest in compliance and all things contract!
What we offer:
- Ongoing training and support
- Career development plan
- A collaborative and knowledge-sharing team
- A center of excellence, the contract and compliance team are focused on delivering an A-class service to our internal stakeholders and the broader LHi client base
- 20+ days PTO
- Company health insurance
- As part of an incentive-based culture, you will have access to Operations team days and activities
What we are looking for:
- Undergraduate or higher degree preferred, or with prior office/recruitment experience
- Process / best practice-driven
- Proactive communicator
- Confident with speaking to customers
- High attention to detail
- Able to work independently and towards deadlines but also collaboratively as a team player
- Interest in legal and financial topics and processes
- Willingness to learn and progress
- Keen to develop strong internal relationships with all levels of management/seniority within the business
Built on an award-winning UK & EU business, the last 6 years in the US speak for themselves; 56% business growth during the pandemic, year on year increased turnover, increased retention rates, and the market leaders in emerging markets such as; E-Mobility, Computer Vision, and R&D to name but a few.
What makes us different from any other recruitment business... Our collaborative, high-performing but unique culture. Our Blueprint has been recognized as being '2020's 15th Best Company to Work For' + Forbes recognized ‘Best US Staffing Firms’ + Certified 'Great Place to work' '21.
Our leadership is driven by our 'Younger You' ethos, our hiring policy is based on 'Good Humans' & across life sciences, emerging tech & renewable energy industries we are 'Together Stronger.
So, if you are ready for the next step in your career, apply online, or let's have a confidential chat. *646 331 6279
All of our people at LHi Group believe that diversity and inclusion is integral to the success of our global business and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from diverse backgrounds, fostering a culture of real inclusion. We believe that embracing diversity; celebrating people's differences and maintaining an equitable workplace enhances the journey for all of our teammates, employees, customers, and suppliers.
LHi Group is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to providing an inclusive environment to all of our employees. This policy applies to every aspect of the business at LHi, including recruitment, hiring, training, career development, and termination. It is the responsibility of all LHi's people to follow this, we agree that we will not discriminate against any race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability or any other factors prohibited by law.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's